The Tall Street Journal

Hey everybody, I stumbled across this website last night and decided to join since I happen to be 6'7" and I drive a  2002 PT Cruiser.  I noticed a PT Cruiser wasn't on the list for Tall Cars.

There is a good amount of head room for me (2-3 inches to spare) and with the seat adjusted all the way back and the steering wheel tilted up as high as it will go I have good legroom.  I can't necessarily stretch out all the way (I'll keep dreaming), but I have driven from NY to NC and back several times with no major complaints.  I can even touch my knees together underneath the steering wheel if I want to (keep in mind my legs nearly touch the bottom of the wheel when I do this).  That's how much clearance there is underneath the wheel.   I do have to take breaks (every 3 hours of driving or so) to stretch my legs, but that's pretty common for most people I guess.  The headrests on the front seats go up nice and high too and I almost fee like the were designed for taller people.  I actually feel like the height of the seat fits me pretty well.  

It's also worth noting that the back seat in this car is definitely NOT good for tall people.  If you're going to be driving your tall friends around a lot I wouldn't recommend a PT Cruiser.  But, if you're going to be driving alone most of the time like me (or if you have shorter friends) this is a great choice if you're looking to buy a cheaper used car.

I'd also like to mention that my car is a stick shift.  I don't particularly like driving automatics and the problem with larger cars that will usually fit taller people is that they're almost always automatics.  That being said, it's still sort of rare to find a stick shifting PT Cruiser.

Well, I suppose that's all for now.  Thanks for reading, and take care.

Views: 969

© 2022   Created by Cheyenne Throckmorton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service