So at 6ft2, I’m very tall. If I hadn’t noticed this fact, I would have found out very quickly – from the ten strangers a day who feel the need to let me know.
There are many strange things about being tall but one of the most annoying has to be complete strangers (or fashion professionals incognito??) who feel compelled to tell me that as a tall girl, I should not wear heels.
I didn’t wear heels until my early 20’s because I couldn’t get them in my size but now I can and you can’t get me out of them – particularly 3 or 4 inch one’s on a night out.
Now look, people don’t go around telling short girls they shouldn’t wear flat shoes so why do 60% of the peopl e I meet insist on telling me that, as a tall girl, I shouldn’t wear heels?
Tall women should wear heels and here’s my top reasons why:
- As stylist and fashionista Jay Manuel says “Everyone can look like a supermodel with a bootleg trouser and a high heel” (it does quite ring true if you say ‘ballet flat’ instead of ‘high heel’ , does it?).
- They make you seem leaner and slimmer.
- The give you the best walk which just can’t be replicated in flats.
- They give you better legs, slimmer ankles and accentuate the best of your figure.
- The are the glamorous and somehow that changes how you feel and behave.
- Is your love-life lacking? Well get some high heels on! No, not just because men seem to love them but because, according to the latest research by Dr Maria Cerruoto , wearing high heels improves your pelvic floor muscles, and we modern girls all know what that does for you.
- They make you taller. Yes, I really did say that! Your height is something to be proud of and to be honest, when you’re very tall, 3 inches isn’t actually going to make a whole lot of difference to how tall you look (6ft and 6ft3 all look the same from down there).
- They make your feet look smaller.
- When was the last time you read the words “fabulous flat pump”? Exactly.
(Read more posts like this about and for tall women at www.amazonablog.com