The Tall Street Journal

Tall women dating shorter men? Tall men dating childsized women?

What are thoughts on either of these situations? I'm a tall woman and have dated men taller and men shorter than. I loved being able to wear high heels and have my man be taller still. I haven't come across a lot of available taller men recently and a girl wants to get out soooo... Yes, I know ultimately it is the kindness and respect from your lover that matters.

Views: 15199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My ex husband is 5'8, and my fiance is 5'11. I have dated taller men, and it is nice, but SOOOOO hard to find a genuine tall man that you are truelly attracted to. I can wear heels around my fiance, at first he was intimidated by me, but after he got to know me, he warmed up quickly, but when I wear heels, he alsways makes me feel beautiful by telling me how sexy I am or how good I look. So I think that its whats in the heart of the man or men you are dating. Many make comments about our height difference, but hes proud and thats what it takes!! A man to be proud of his woman and stand up for her even if she can handle herself lol!!!
my boyfriend of over a year, is only about 5 foot 10 and i am 6 foot 4. i would love to have a man taller, but i cant help the height of the man i love! lol
As a 6’7” guy I can say that what I read above, is rubbing salt in my wounds :-))
Where are all those tall girls?
amen
I've dated guys who are shorter than me and it made me feel a little uncomfortable. I'm 6'1 and a little curvey.... so I feel a little weird dating a man who it smaller than me. I don't want to be able to beat my boy friend up! I think I could date a man who is a little shorter than me (Maybe 6 ft.) But he would definitly need to have some big muscles or something so I don't feel like I'm a monster next to him. I think it's extremely sexy when a guy is taller than me... I've tried being with short guys, and it just doesn't work for me. Height is one of the first things I look at when I meet a guy. Dating is hard to begin with, and being taller than the majority of men doesn't help a thing!
As a confident tall woman, I would much rather date a man who is not vertically challenged. However, in my experience, tall men seem to prefer/be attracted to itty bitty women for some reason. Perhaps it is the intimidation factor. The reverse of that, a shorter man with a tall woman, is quite common. Shorter men, who are self-confident, generally love tall women. I think they like the attention they receive when walking with a fine amazon.

Having tried the short man route in my younger years, my minimum height requirement these days is 5'10" but the preference is over 6'1". Being able to look at him eye to eye, with heels on, is ooh la la terrific!
You wanna know why tall men prefer those short little things? They want a woman they can throw around in the bedroom. "I am tall man, hear me roar!" ;)
I do hear a lot of complaints from taller women about tall men dating short girls. I myself cannot do it. Dating a short girl is just a pain. I can never hear a word they ever say (I guess for some men that may be bonus). I alway joke with my short friends when we are out that I need ears on my nipples to even hear a word they are trying to say.

I definitely prefer taller women that I can talk to normally without having to stoop over like an awkward giraffe trying to get a drink of water.
I am one of the few tall females (or even short to average sized females) I know that does not have a height requirement when it comes to dating. The most fun boyfriend of my past was 5'8". I'm just not willing to count out the majority of our population so that I can wear heels to dinner.
Seriously I am 5'10 and I have only had one boyfriend that was actually taller than me. My first boyfriend was 5'5 lol. My current boyfriend is 5'9, and like you said its hard to find a taller attractive guy in society. I mean look at the first family, the first lady is taller that the president by two inches so she has to wear flats when they are in the public eye.
I never had height perferences with women but at 5ft8 i almost always get hit on by the tallest girl in the place.I guess it has become an attraction.I think people sense if your comfortable with yourself and with their company.I think I will end up with a woman like 6ft5 ..and in heels you just never get tired of that lol you guys are great!
WELL LEE IM 6 FT 5 AND NEW ON HERE. I JUST THINK THAT BEING THIS TALL HAS BEEN GREAT, BUT ITS BITTERSWEET WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO FIND THE NICE GUY THAT IS TALL AND CHARMING...THE OPTIONS BECOME MIRACLES..LOL SO I JUST GO WITH THE FLOW, IF THERE IS A GUY OUT THERE FOR ME HE WILL FIND ME...U CAN MISS A GIRL AS TALL AS ME!!!

RSS

© 2022   Created by Cheyenne Throckmorton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service