The Tall Street Journal

tall girls dating shorter men...period. haha. let's chat about it?

before you talk, i knowww there was just a thread about women dating shorter people. i felt like starting a new one :]

so, i'm 6'3''...what up what up. hahaha.

i'm 18, i don't know if that matters but i'm letting you know anyway.

anywhoo, so my whole life i have only dated ONE person that was taller then me...which was just a couple of months ago actually...yes it was nice to be able to wrap my arms around his neck and be on my tippy toes and such to kiss him, but i realize that it won't happen a lot since i'm so damn tall.

and i dont really care about being able to wear heels or not, since i never really grew up wearing them and would basically kill myself if i attempted to start now. hahaa.

but so i'm kinda sorta talking to the guy who's 5'9''...and like i read on the other thread that some girls are worried about not being protected which i find absolute bs, i dont have to worry about that with him..he's way strong and like is basically the polar opposite of me, personality wise for sure.

well, i guess what i'm asking is like how to be confident with a shorter dude. [[im very self conscious and veryyy low self esteem about my height]] which turns into me being an awkward goof ball. hahaha, ah. and like...what do you girls do with your shorter dates/boyfriends and for you guys what would you do with a taller girl?

liiiike, i don't know how to not feel uncomfortable? do y'all just put your arm around his shoulders when walking or something? hahaha, stuff like that...because i wouldn't want to make the dude uncomfortable either...ya know?

well, pardon this damn essay...i have the tendency to ramble :] my bad.

thanks all :]

Views: 4092

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha yeahh i feel it forr sure. sooo are you saying your dont wanna date super short girls anymore?
i mean, i don't think there's really a different way to approach a girl whether they be taller or shorter. but yeah, if you want to go after the taller girls then go for it! and stick to it if you really want to...don't sell yourself short if you dont wanna date the shorter ones.
and if you do find a girl your height or even a few inches shorter idk make a joke about the stereotypical tall people I'ce breakers" that shorter people seem to find soo funny, if you feel comfortable doing that i dont know what your personality is. hahaaa.
oh its no problem at all!
but yeah, that bugs me...i'm so sarcastic its ridiculous lol, but hardly anyone i know can take a joke i swearr!
Most of the guys I've gone out with are shorter than me and the best boyfriend I ever had was 175 cm, which is about 5'9. If the guy doesn't worry about it, his confidence will probably spread to you and visa versa. I've been the one who asks with most of the guys I've gone out with, but I've found anyone worth going with more than a few times just isn't bothered.

Where to put your hands and all of that just comes naturally when you are both comfortable with each other. I've never had any problem with that.

Not feeling uncomfortable comes with experience I think. I'm 26 now and didn't go on a date until I was about 20 - I had lots of self confidence problems. This was certainly true on my first few days too. But at some point you find someone who is fun to be with and the whole height thing quickly disappears. Go out on dates where you are actively doing something and better yet laughing.

If you are a bit nervous about it, tell him and maybe make a joke about it.
HELLO, I'M A GUY THAT'S 5'11" AND I'M JUST STARTED TO PAY ATTENTION TO NOT JUST WOMEN BUT OF ALL PEOPLE HEIGHT . I JUST SAW A OLD TALK SHOW AND IT HAD THREE WOMEN TWO WHICH WERE VERY TALL 6'3" AND 6'5" AND THEY WERE VERY SEXY AND SEEMED VERY SWEET.. ONE LADY WAS ZRINKA. I'M IN LOVE WITH HER..BUT ANY WAY IT MADE ME THINK ABOUT THE LADIES I DATED IN THE PAST AND I KNOW ONE OR TWO HAD TO BE AROUND 6'2" AND SOME WERE 5'11" BUT I ALSO DATED SOME ABOUT 5'. UNTIL NOW I NEVER PAID ANY ATTENTION TO THEIR HEIGHT.I JUST HAD A GOOD TIME WITH THEM AND I SURE THEY DID TO. ITS ALL ABOUT WHO YOU LIKE AND IF HE WAS TALLER YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN AS ATTRACTED TO HIM. JUST ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH HIM. P.S.IF YOU KNOW ZRINKA HOOK ME UP PLEASE....THANKS...GOOD LUCK.....
Well, I'm 6'1 and you are two inches taller than me! I'm a shorty lol.

Anyway, I'm 20 years old and I'm studying Psychology in college.

The reason why you have a low esteem and little worried about who you are dating is because you are you have picked on by stereotypic people in your life. People have made fun of you being tall and I'm sure they said things like you can only date guys only taller than you or sucks to be tall like you when it comes to dating. All they are is stereotypes and people just use them to make themselves sound better and make you sound bad. Pretty much they are being bullies to you and the only way you can avoid bullies is by ignoring because they are looking for attention and if you don't give them attention they will ignore you.

To be honest height doesn't matter in relationship. The only reason why some guys are scared of dating a girl close to height or taller than them is because they are selfish and want their ego to look good. Don't worry about those guys. If they were really men they would try to act confident not try to look it. The only way you look confident is by acting like it.

Another thing I should tell you is that I seen couples where the woman was taller and they were happy together. I work at a supermarket and I have seen about 10 or more couples there and they were happy. I have this woman who is 5'11 and this guy who is 5'8 always coming shopping with big smiles on their faces and goofing off in the store. Also have seen a married couple in my store pretty often. The wife is 6'4 and the guy is 5'9. They both come in very happy too.

You really shouldn't worry about what others think and there isn't a golden law or rule that the man has be taller. It is just a stereotype and you don't need to listen to it. Personality and character is what matters for love. Height is just a number that doesn't tell you who that person is

Besides dating is getting to know someone. Date him and get to know him that's the point of dating. Just because you have one date with him doesn't mean you guys are boyfriend and girlfriend. I say give him a shot. Just start out as friends. Then go further if it works if turns out to be a nice and caring guy. You need to find a guy that is loving and caring so he will treat you for who you are and not judge you by your looks.

Also you are beautiful. You should be proud of your looks.
Shannon, you are 18 and gorgeous! Hold out for a taller guy....believe me when you want a soul mate that you spend the rest of your life with you are going to want a taller guy.......also remember that thought should be going through your head sometime around your senior year of college be certain to finish your degree. There are so many tall good looking guys out there, that you should never have to settle for your perfect soulmate. Good Luck and take your time.... ENJOY life especially college life it goes by way too fast.
Brad Love isn't about looks. She doesn't need a taller. She needs a guy who will love her, take care of her and treat her with respect.
I'm 18, male, and 6'3 too. I once dated a 6'4 girl back when I was in high school (I was 5'9 then) and she had no problems. She believed that girls should be taller than boys. When I asked her about insecurity, she said we were too close for her to have problems with her security. If you love a guy, you wont be insecure.
I'm 5-10 and my last gf's have all been taller than me. As far as the protection thing, its all how you handle yourself. 2 of my ex's said they felt VERY safe around me, because of my personality, and the fact I work out and am pretty muscular. As far as the height difference, it doesn't bother me, and my ex's felt comfortable with it and actually kind of liked it after a while. They wore heels and we went out and the whole thing. Like I said, personality and having a positive attitude mean a lot, and chemistry is important too. So don't let difference of a few inches in height be an obstacle. Because life's too short (hahahahaha, had to get that one in).

mark

Hmmm..I can't say I've ever been with a taller girl...but it's always best to just be yourself, no matter Who you're with.

Being a tall girl is so hard!!! I'm 34 and I really can't help with advice. The world (& dating) isn't made for us. Good for you for trying!

How weird... you and your b/f sound almost exactly like me and my ex.  Way cool.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Cheyenne Throckmorton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service